• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where to find the width & height of a shape I've drawn?

Enthusiast ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a square as a shape / shape layer. I want to know the size of it. I see the info panel has x & y info - but not width / height. Where do i find the width & height of a shape I've drawn? Many thanks - btw cs 5.5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, i think you don't need answer anymore but i leave my research here for another who get a same idiot problem like us. 

When you create a shape from Shape tool or Pen tool, the size property will not exist. 

But if you double click a Shape tool, it make a full size compose shape and the size property will exist in pathgroup.

Event you use a shape tool, AE make 2 different closed path with name: Path and Shape Path -..-'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Tamh,

So funny i was wondering tonight the same question regarding dimensions of a shape and I found your answer from yesterday. You're fully right, depending if you created your shape by double clicking or not we can see the size property appaeared. I didn' t know this subtility but it's good to know. Thank you ;)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hunter, 

I have found a reason of this issue. While choosing pathtooth, uncheck bezier path and all of the shape properties will exist when you create a shape.

Regard,

tamh55596521_0-1664155907955.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is no one mentioning that when you have (Bezier Path) checked in the op tool bar then your rectangle will not show size properties?

And Adobe wtf lol, why, just why!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines