• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why cant I import a .avi file?

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unsupported file... and its 600 fps so i cant cpnvert it...

Someone said me something abt a codec so i downloaded and installed k lite and still nothing.

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So first - even if it is a 600fps you can convert it but you need to use codec that support that kind of fps. Second - does not matter if you instal k-lite or any other codec pack. you have to know what codec was used to compress your AVI file, then check if AE is supporting it, and if it supports that codec - try to install that exact codec.
Or if AE does not support that codec at all - you have - as i said - to convert it. But first thing that you have to know is what codec was used for compression of your original file. Or if you are not able to do that - maby you know from what device is that file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

avive33  wrote

i downloaded and installed k lite

Unfortunately, you followed terrible advice.  K-Lite has been known to overwrite codecs installed by the system and Adobe and may require a reinstallation of the operating system and Adobe programs to repair that issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you look at the item properties in Explorer, what video compression (CODEC) is indicated?

Are you able to play the file in VLC Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines