• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is moving the camera so difficult ??

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is moving the camera so difficult?? 

why cant i move the camera smoothly ?

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The C4D rendering engine is slow. You are using adaptive resolution and that is what is causing the 1/4 resolution preview while you drag the camera tool. Precise camera movements are much easier to do if you enable multiple views and use the various composition panel views to move the camera into the proper position. For a lot of camera animation, a two-node camera is easier to manipulate than a one-node camera. 

It just takes practice. I've been using After Effects since it was first invented and I never use the camera tools for anything more than a quick adjustment to get the camera close to where it needs to be. I almost always have the previews set to Final Quality and in the latest versions of AE I have Draft 3D turned on. If I am using the C4D rendering engine I almost always set up my camera moves and lights using the Classic 3D renderer because it is easier to use. When the camera and lights are properly setup and the blocking and timing has been worked out I will switch to the C4D rendering engine to extrude shape layers or text. I can only think of one comp that I have created for a client where I needed to bend a layer.

I always fine-tune camera movements using multiple views and the transform properties in the timeline. If you are still having problems, spend some time with the User Guide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines