• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wierd Circle Rotation and Oval Shaped

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A perfect circle (made by holding shift-key while dragging elipse) rotates along a wird access as shown below.

https://youtu.be/UluFxobyBx8

Also the circle seems to show a little oval shaped sometimes. I have square pixels turned on.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

When you create a parametric shape layer (Ellipse, Rectangle, Polystar), if you click and drag there is almost no chance that you will draw the ellipse exactly in the comp center. Take a careful look at this screenshot:
Screenshot_2019-10-24 18.54.43_ZKBaZN.png

To get that info to show up all I did was press the "u" key twice to show me all of the modified properties of the shape layer. As you can see the layer Anchor Point is nowhere near the center of the circle. That means that when you rotate this layer (Ctrl/Cmnd + r sets a rotatio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you create a parametric shape layer (Ellipse, Rectangle, Polystar), if you click and drag there is almost no chance that you will draw the ellipse exactly in the comp center. Take a careful look at this screenshot:
Screenshot_2019-10-24 18.54.43_ZKBaZN.png

To get that info to show up all I did was press the "u" key twice to show me all of the modified properties of the shape layer. As you can see the layer Anchor Point is nowhere near the center of the circle. That means that when you rotate this layer (Ctrl/Cmnd + r sets a rotation keyframe and reveals the Layer>Rotation property.  Fortunately, you can easily fix the problem by simply typing 0, 0 in the Transform Ellipse 1> Position property or by Resetting that property with a right-click:

Screenshot_2019-10-24 18.58.45_KCMgiT.png

Every element in a shape layer has Transform Properties associated with it. There are actually more than there are for a layer:

Screenshot_2019-10-24 18.59.33_Hbrl0y.png

Skew and Skew Axis can be very useful. 

All you have to do to make the Ellipse rotate perfectly around the center of the circle is to move the anchor point to the exact center of the ellipse manually by turning on Snapping and using the Pan Behind feature of the Anchor Point tool (y), or move the Ellipse 1 position to the Layer center by resetting the Transform Ellipse 1>Transform properties when the layer Anchor point is at the default position [thisLayer.width/2, thisLayer.height/2].

I hope this makes sense. Select your ellipse layer, press uu, find the modified properties and reset, and your ellipse will rotate perfectly around its center.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, sorry for taking so long to reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines