• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workflow tips needed for setting up headless script (-noui)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client is asking for me to create a script that can execute from Photoshop without showing the AE UI at all. For those that have created headless workflows, what tips and tricks can you recommend?

When running a script with noui, how can you tell when it's done, especially if there is a render involved?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 18, 2014 Mar 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is a render involved, you can just output a console message with $.writeln() directly after the line where you call the .render() method on the render queue.  Or, you'll see that the render is finally output, so you can check the existence of a file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2014 May 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi all,

I actually have similar questions as well. We have a Java process that will kick off AfterEffect thru the command line "afterfx.com -noui -r myscript.jsx" to perform a render job. This method runs perfectly fine when someone actually login on the window's machine and kick off the java process.

However the whole thing runs to a crawl when we started configure the java process to run as a windows service (under the same user that we would use to normally kick off the process interactively thru live login). I can see from the task manager after effect did tries to spawn multiple processes to do the render job that was feed to it thru the myscript.jsx. But those child process would die almost instantly and then AfterEffect process would sit idle for like a minute or two before slowly perform the rendering single threaded.

Anyone here tried and successfully kick off the aftereffect process from a windows' service?

Thanks,

Joseph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines