• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working in 3D space - my image is split in two for some reason....

Enthusiast ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshots:

Whiteprint Visible - White layer okay

Blueprint Visible - Blueprint layer okay

Both Visible - looks like it 'splits'

My guess is that it has something to do with the die line image being in 3D space...

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is called "Z-Fighting" and it's very easy to fix. The problem is occuring because both layers are occupying the exact same spot in 3D space and they're intersecting. Just push the zPosition of your whiteprint layer 1 pixel forward and you'll see it properly sit on top of the blueprint layer. If it disappears completely, then adjust the zPosition in the opposite direction (+1 instead of -1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David, but I have absolutely no idea how to do that... I thought I could change the 'Z Orientation' value from zero to something else, but it didn't change...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem. Instead of adjusting your Z Orientation or Z Rotation like you have in the screenshot, adjust the third value of your Position parameter. That's a x,y,z array, so you just need to change the value of "0" to "1" or "-1".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the values, and it seemed to change the problem, but not solve it...

I'll have to get back to this tomorrow....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is the issue the white space at the bottom? You don't need to move both layers, just one of them so it's a pixel or two separated from the others. I would set them both back to 0 and then adjust one at a time only one or two pixels. What exactly is the issue though if it's not the white space at the bottom? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do not use the "Drag and Drop here..." field to add your screenshots. It is annoying to use and useless on some devices. Drag your screenshots directly to the reply form or use the toolbar to embed them. Cropped screenshots that don't show the modified properties of the problem layers are also not very helpful. 

When you stack up 3D layers is a really good idea to offset the layers by 1 pixel in Z before you move them. You can do this with the anchor point or the position property. You should also parent all stacked layers if you intend to move them together. Parenting also makes the Z offset easier to figure out.

Stack 3D layers.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines