• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

”Your system has run out of application memory” message on MacBook Pro Max 64gb Ram

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reporting ”Your system has run out of application memory” issue on a brand new MacBook Pro Max 64 GB Ram while running After Effects. I knew about this error / warning message while running AE CC on a Mac Mini M1 / 16 GB ram, weas hoping to get rid of it when upgrading. But this seems to be related to Mac Os Monterey (an earlier OS versions). The bad thing is that at times it slows down a rendering process to the point that I have to force quit, loosing the rendering. That is annyoing considering the fact that I hace spend cloase to 5K Euros for the machine. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Try setting the memory available to other applications to a multiple of 4 GB. Four or Eight instead of anything else. Macs seem to like a 4GB wide pipeline a lot better than any other. I never have run out of memory errors on my M1 or M2 machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Lichtrausch Berlin ,

This seems to be a memory leak issue that is being reported on M1 Macs.

See: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253310137

You will need to keep an eye on apps that are gobbling up your memory in Activity Monitor.

This should help: https://www.macworld.com/article/549755/m1-macbook-app-memory-leaks-macos.html

Let us know how you go.

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a M1 issue.  Adobe had this with PP a while ago and sorted it out.

I am running Mac Book Pro 15" Intel 2019 and just recently updated to Monterey.

Using After Effects 22.1.1 Build 74 I am getting running out of application memory.

All other apps closed.

AE crashed 4x during the day doing simple animations!

I will check today if happening again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Garbage AE release. Endless problems. Sadly we have to wait it out....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just spent 20 minutes  with Apple Care on this issue. I ugraded to a 16" MBPro with 64GB RAM and a 4TB SSD. A few weeks ago this application memory alert started popping up, interestingly when I'm just using Adobe Photoshop 2023 and Adobe Bridge 2023. Ceratainly I'm not using 64GB of RAm using just those two. Apple Care, of course, pointed to Adobe as the problem and told me to contact them, indicating that it is not an Apple issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try setting the memory available to other applications to a multiple of 4 GB. Four or Eight instead of anything else. Macs seem to like a 4GB wide pipeline a lot better than any other. I never have run out of memory errors on my M1 or M2 machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Didn't work for me 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, this is happening to me, and I made this change, 16GB's, and 12GB's and the error is still occurring while rending in After Effects.

Media Encoder makes it a little further and then hangs during a render, requiring a stop, add a new output module to the file, and then try again.

Has this been fixed?

MacBook Pro, M2 Pro, 32GBs RAM.

Would it help to relate caches to external drives or to move the database and caching folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines