• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D Camera Not Showing DOF

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have different Layers in different positions in Z space, have DOF on, Aperture is cranked to 1000, Point of interest is in a different position than the objects, F-Stop is at .1. Does anyone have any suggestions? I saw something about collapsed transformations but when I go into 3D mode there isn't an option to turn the option off.

Any ideas anyone? I'll send screen shots if requested

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Without actual system and version info nobody can tell you much, but off the bat there is two thinkable scnearios:

a) You are using CC 2018 and your GPU acceleration is not working right

b) You have enabled Draft 3D, which never renders advanced effects

Check those things. For anything else you have to provide better information, which of course could include screenshots.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without actual system and version info nobody can tell you much, but off the bat there is two thinkable scnearios:

a) You are using CC 2018 and your GPU acceleration is not working right

b) You have enabled Draft 3D, which never renders advanced effects

Check those things. For anything else you have to provide better information, which of course could include screenshots.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using After Effects CC 2017.2 Here are some screen shots as wellScreen Shot 2017-12-13 at 2.11.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-12-13 at 2.11.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-12-13 at 2.11.08 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I went into my previews settings and it said that my GPU is not accessible (screen shot included)Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 2.19.58 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, your Draft 3D switch in teh timeline is enabled, hence no DOF calculations. Simply turn it off an *boom* - magic.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the rendering engine set to Classic 3D, check the upper right corner of the Comp Panel, and depth of field is not working make sure Active Camera view is enabled, check the preview options at the bottom of the comp panel and check the timeline settings to make sure Draft is not turned on.

If you are using the C4D rendering engine then carefully check the notes that show up when you choose that option. DoF is not supported. You have to fake it.

Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 9.53.45 AM.png

If everything is as it should be then you probably have the settings fouled up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!

That was all it was!! 😂🤣😂And that was all it took...🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou sir! Look into the drop down menu near Classic 3D guys, change the camera view to ACTIVE CAMERA and Magic happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On point Thanks!

Draft 3D  Cost me several Hours. Not any longer. Great tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solved :  Just Play With Focus Distance Value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines