• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding outline underneath multiple layers

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm making an animated sticker pack for Telegram which utilizes After Effects, and it's very limited as to what effects you can apply. But that's sort of fine for me since I'm an AE beginner after all.

For reference, I may not use:
Expressions, Masks, Layer Effects, Images, Solids, Texts, 3D Layers, Merge Paths, Star Shapes, Gradient Strokes, Repeaters, Time Stretching, Time Remapping, Auto-Oriented Layers.

I'm actually almost done with my animation, save for its outline/glow—the white space around a sticker.

I'd like to know how to trace a composition (it has multiple animated layers) as a Vector so I may then convert it to a Shape layer (which is what is required). I was able to make a perfect outline around my animation using Layer Effects, however, as you can see above, Layer Effects are not accepted by Telegram.
TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A screenshot showing the modified properties of the layers you are using would really help. I have no idea why you can't use the items in your list. If the multiple animated layers are in a nested comp or they were in the main comp and you pre-composed those layers there is no need to create a vector outline to add some white space and glow to the comp. Glow can use alpha channels and set matte and matte choker can be used on a solid layer, or a copy of the comp can be used as a track matte. There's really not much to it. One copy of Matte Choker with conservative settings VS two copies of matte choker with a little more aggressive settings. Add another copy and the white border can get even a little bigger.

Screenshot_2020-07-21 20.08.58_37Gm09.pngScreenshot_2020-07-21 20.08.37_uuPSED.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines