• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjust the stroke width's Y axis scale (only)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a line path.
Under "Transfrom" I can adjust the scale of the path, and have the option of adjusting the X and Y axis independently. However, the issue I have with this is when I adjust the scale of the path, it makes the entire path bigger or smaller, which messes up the points on my composition. 

Therefore, I want to adjust the "stroke width" of the path, so the path's size is consistent but the stroke width is what is getting larger and smaller. However, I want to adjust just the scale of the Y-Axis stroke width but I don't see an option for that. The only option I see is to adjust the stroke width as a "whole." Is there an option to adjust the stroke width's axis' independently?

I have the line path pick whiped to a null. I want to adjust the null's y axis scale only, but to keep the stroke width of the path consistent. So I guess another way of asking is "How would I lock the scale of the stroke width independent of the scale of the null?" 

Thank you... Here's some pictures 

1: Most of my objects are attached to a Null (my controller). I want to reduce the scale of the Null's Y-axis only so every object is smaller and the composition space itself appears larger

help1.png

2: So my null goes from 60%, 59% to 60%, 15%. This extends the Y-Axis showing more of the "background lines", but keeps the X-Axis stable. Of course every layer attached to the Null will be distorted as the Y-axis is now non-symmetrical. I can rescale the Y-Axis of every layer (except for the background lines which I want to remain) so everything remains the same size to the viewer, but the background can progressively get smaller. 
help2.png

Notice how when I rescale the stroke width up it rescales the entire path (x and y) so the line becomes distorted. I just want to rescale the Y-axis of the stroke width so it doesn't become distorted when scaling back up. It is the correct size in this image, and the background lines are the correct size, but the stroke width isn't an even line. It's thick in certain places and thin in others because the Y-axis of the path is still distorted. Again I can't just go Shape Layer --> Transform --> then scale the Y-axis back up because the path will be a completely different line path at that point. 
help3.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no such thing and it's basically not even an issue in your case. You are simply applying the stroke in the wrong place. You might actually want to study up on the powers of using groups in shape layers and how re-ordering affects rendering order and appearance of elements. in your case one would simply leave the path in its separate little corner and apply the stroke one level up outside the transform group. Problem solved.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines