• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe After Effects (17.1.1) crahses when trying to type Thai language.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Everyone,

I just updated Adobe After Effects to recent version (17.1.1)

Everything works fine except one thing: everytime I trie dto type Thai language, it crahses:

Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 11.54.33.png

This problem happen accross all Thai fonts. However, english ones works fine.

Are there anyone who experienced the same thing with thier language and/or have any experience solving this?

Thank you very much

N.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced with typing Thai too after updating to newer version. You're not alone. I'm trying to find solution for the problem for days already but seems I can't find one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution I've found so far is to roll back to AE 17.1 unfortunatelly. 

I'm having the same issue where I can't open projects that had Thai written and were working fine in 17.1.

Getting this issue and AE 17.1.1 crashing after trying to open them: 

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 9.59.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. Thanks. I have already contacted Adobe Support Team. They walked me through several methods but still couldn't find the right solution for it to work. Now waiting for them to reply back with the solution on the issue. Waiting for days already. We have to go back to the old version then. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear salamanyan and Past-present-Future,

Initially, sorry for late reply. 

And thanks alot for answering. For now I think I'll do the same (reverting back to AE 17.1).

Then I'll check constantly with Adobe if the problem is fixed. If any updates, I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks alot again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Past-present-Future

It feels a bit better to know that I'm not alone (however, not necessary good news). For now I'll just try to find a way to revert back to 17.1 to fix the issue (as suggested by salamanyan below).

Anyway, I'll try to get in touch with Adobe to see if this problem could be fixed - at least in the next update. Will keep you all posted for any further updates.

Best

N.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. This actually happens to many people using Premiere Pro and After Effects. I see many other conversations with the same issue. I hope for the solution soon. Thanks again for replying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting this!

I was wondering why my Ae projects in English were working fine but not my Thai language Ae projects.

I got the 'after effects illegal command sequence' error when trying to open my Thai language Ae project.

Current fix is to revert back to Ae 17.1 — this fixed the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

Sorry for this annoying bug! We're investigating it and are working on a fix.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines