Highlighted

Adobe Media Encoder Issue

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying to export a project from Adobe After Effects, the preview of the project in the media encoder queue is a testcard screen (blank rainbow screen), and the footage from the project is absent. It should be noted that the effects are still present on top of the testcard, however the original footage is missing. Can anyone offer an explanation or solution to this issue? Thanks.

Topics

Error or problem, Import and export, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Media Encoder Issue

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying to export a project from Adobe After Effects, the preview of the project in the media encoder queue is a testcard screen (blank rainbow screen), and the footage from the project is absent. It should be noted that the effects are still present on top of the testcard, however the original footage is missing. Can anyone offer an explanation or solution to this issue? Thanks.

Topics

Error or problem, Import and export, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Szalam LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try rendering out of the After Effects render queue into a decent intermediate format (such as ProRes, DNxHD, or Cineform). If that works, great! You can then bring that file into AME to make your deliverable (MP4, I'm guessing?). This is my normal workflow. I rarely send an AE comp to AME. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines