• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 2017 - Lots of Font Problems

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every since I upgraded to the newest AE CC 2018, I have had nothing but very annoying and unexplainable font problems:

Some of the problems I've seen:

• Not finding fonts that are enabled on the system (and available in Photoshop et al)
  • When opening a project, it will say fonts aren't enabled and it needs to sync from Typekit, even though the font (Raleway) wasn't even in the project at all and WAS enabled in RightFont. When I clicked ignore, it replaced all of my current fonts in the project (Proxima Nova which is synced from Typekit) with Raleway.
  • Also when opening a previous project, in a random composition, it will choose to replace all of the type with crazy weird glyphs and characters. In this case it was Proxima nova. I tried to do a new text box in the same comp, same glyphs. I would select a different comp (in the same project) and type with Proxima Nova - no problem.

CC 2018 (all products) have been the buggiest I have ever seen (most of them revolving around typesetting). This is absurd for such a huge company, with such a huge market share to put out such a crappy upgrade and cause simple things that worked perfectly before to go absolutely haywire.

I use Typekit syncing and RightFont

I have 2017 iMac 5k on the newest OSX.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Patrick-Vici,

Have you found a solution to your font issues yet or are you still struggling? Have you filed a ticket with support? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines