Highlighted

AE changing composition size results in cached preview needs 2 or more frames to playback

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time using AE, was going ok until I went to resize a composition then I got the following error:

"After Effects error: Cached preview needs 2 or more frames to playback."

I have 32gb, 4.1ghz cpu, with 20gb available of ram. I have flushed the cache/database within AE from this tutorial at schoolofmotion and restarted, still I am not able to resize my composition.

AE version is 17.1.3 (Build 41) on Windows 10, 1% used of 31.9 GB

Stumped since this tanked my project as I can't edit and to rebuild would take hours. Any ideas what else I could try?

Topics

Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AE changing composition size results in cached preview needs 2 or more frames to playback

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time using AE, was going ok until I went to resize a composition then I got the following error:

"After Effects error: Cached preview needs 2 or more frames to playback."

I have 32gb, 4.1ghz cpu, with 20gb available of ram. I have flushed the cache/database within AE from this tutorial at schoolofmotion and restarted, still I am not able to resize my composition.

AE version is 17.1.3 (Build 41) on Windows 10, 1% used of 31.9 GB

Stumped since this tanked my project as I can't edit and to rebuild would take hours. Any ideas what else I could try?

Topics

Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most common cause of this problem is accidentally setting the work area to 1 frame. Try fixing the work area or change the preview settings in the Preview Panel to ignore the work area.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use PuppetPin, such an error can occure if comp size changes. 

There are propably other effects been affected by a comp size change.

We need more information about your work, and effects in use.

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I used puppet pin to make an animation and now I'm having the same issue when I'm trying to resize my composition. Is there a way I can resize my comp without deleting the puppet animations and do them all over?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure, but give this a try:

Go to File > Scripts > DemoPalette

This is a demo script collection. One of the scripts let you change comp size, including all layers and animations.

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have applied puppet pin to a layer and you need to change anything in the comp it is a really good idea to just pre-compose the puppet pin layer moving all attributes to the new comp. Everything should stay in place and you can then scale, move, and animate the pre-comp as needed.

If you have applied puppet pin to a layer you cannot have any layer/transform properties animated or changed. It will completely throw off the mesh that was created as soon as you added the first pin to the layer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines