• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE Craches constantly - 3D Problems + Preview freeze.

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

Today has been hell, the new AE is a catastrophe, very similar problems in AE Beta. Big project that ive been working on for the last 6 months without issue, last 2 days it has been craching every half hour. Seemingly no distinct reason. Playback freezes randomly and I have to force quit. Crashing is a lot more regular when working in 3D.

iMac Pro 10 Core, 64Gb, Vega 56

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JamesAC,

Sorry for your issue with After Effects. We'd need more information so that we can troubleshoot the issue properly.

1. What's the exact version of the After Effects and macOS version that you're using?
  2. Do you use any third-party plug-ins? If so, what happens if you remove them?
  3. Any error message or crash report?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, 

Im on the latest version of AE - 17.1.3 and Mac 10.15.6

Running Red Giant, Borris FX, Ignite. I cant remove them as they are integral to the project (tracking, keying etc)

All asthetics I have turned off (glow, colour etc)

Crashing happens even more than yesterday, just moving a 3D layer, changing a setting, importing a video

I have submitted a crash report this morning.

I have never known AE to be this unstable 

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey...

I'm really unhappy, these problems are causing me to lose over 2 hours of work per day. It's literally crashing every 30-45 mins for totally unconected reasons. This is unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi JamesAC,

Sorry for the delay. I shared the crash report with the After Effects engineers to get it translated. They indicated that Twixtor could be the source of crash. Please try removing it from your project and see if it's still crashing.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines