• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE is disabling effcts on my text when I try to render a comp

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a simple increasing numbers effect over a picture of an electric bill I took for a video I'm working on about high energy costs, and I added some noise and blur to the numbers to make it looks more realistic as of it were printed on the paper, however when I go to export the comp, it removes these effects. It even does it if I export it to AME. The text is not slected as a guide layer, and export effect settings are set to "current settings."

It renders everything correctly except the effects I applied to may text layer. They show up in the workspace and and work fine when I hit spacebar to preview, but they don't render. I can't find anything about this, any ideas how I can fix this?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

It's pretty much as I said - you are not viewing your comps at full resolution and 100% zoom. 1 px camera lens blur really is nothing and the only reason it shows up at quarter resolution is obviously the relative size in relation to the effective pixels. Same for the noise. As already advised, check your work at 100% zoom and full res. You will likely need to dial up the values considerably for visible results.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm willing to bet that you never actually previewed/ viewed your effects 100% zoom and full resolution and with resolution-sensitive efgfects such as noises and blurs are, the results of the preview and final output simply differ, especialyl if the values are very subtle. Of course the same would be true in the reverse direction if you scale down the output. So technically the effects may still be there, they just barely affect the appearance. If you think it's something else, you have to provide screenshots and more specific info how and where those effects are applied and on the chance that this may be the same old, boring hardware acceleration issues system info and details about your configuration would be appropriate.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I provided some screenshots in response to another comment if you want to take a look. Let me know if you need anymore info, I'm nto a very advanced AE user so I'm not sure what you would need to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's pretty much as I said - you are not viewing your comps at full resolution and 100% zoom. 1 px camera lens blur really is nothing and the only reason it shows up at quarter resolution is obviously the relative size in relation to the effective pixels. Same for the noise. As already advised, check your work at 100% zoom and full res. You will likely need to dial up the values considerably for visible results.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup, that was it, I feel stupid. I didn't realize it was set at 1/4. I thought it seemed like I should need to dial up the effect more when I was doing it.

I had initially thought you meant that it looked different because of the compression of the final output, which confused me cause I was exporting to lossless.

Anyway, glad it's not a big or bigger issue, sometimes I miss the obvious in these complex programs.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select your text layer, press UU to reveal all modified properties, and look at what you've got. There's a very strong possibility that this is just a user error. We can't identify that error screenshots showing us what is going on in the problem layers, workflow and rendering details, and a much better understanding of your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are some screenshots...

It's kind of difficult to see, it's a subtle effect but its very noticeable on my screen. The effect dissappears during my render preview window in the software too, it's not just a difference between what I'm seeing in AE and the final compression.

I'm not a very expierienced AE user so it could definitley be user error.

Before.jpg

After.jpg

Workspace:

Workspace Effects.jpg

Closer view of effects:

Workspace Effects Close.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines