Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have recently got into simple graphic animation with AI and AE. I want to produce motion of spheres in AE but, when I create a shape layer from vector, the content includes hundreds of paths which cause my AE to run unworkably slow. Obviously, I only want AE to recognise the spheres as a single object, I don't need to animate its paths individually. I have tried to group the paths in AE, no resolution.

Is there a way to compound the paths so AE will recognise it as a single path? Or should I somehow turn the sphere into a photo rather than a vector? Should I just use 2D circles instead? Is there something I am missing?

Regards,

Matt

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You completely misunderstand the workflow. Converting AI files to shape layers is an option, not mandatory. This didn't even exist until soem years ago. And there's your answer. Just leave the AI artwork as it is and use it as a single layer, give or take specific some additional prep work in AI, possible issues with continuous rasterization and a few other things, none of which are any hinderance to your plans and can be sorted out easily if and when they arise. You may want to re-read the online help on working with layers, where these things are explained.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you heaps Mylenium! Appreciate it. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines