• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effect causes computer to freeze and restart

New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new computer but I'm having issues with After Effects CC 2020. When i open it and try to create a new composition my computer freezes and restarts. I found someone having a similar problem and the solution said to uninstall "Intel Turbo Max Boost Technology" but i couldn't find the program installed on my computer. Does anyone know how else I can fix this problem?

Computer Specs:

Intel Core i7-8565U @ 1.99 GHz

16GB RAM

GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Windows 10 Home

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any actual info from e.g. you Windows Event Viewer or the actual crash report we can't even begin to guess.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand that After Effects crashing your computer. I've seen users having a similar issue due to GPU or its driver.

Please check and make sure that your GPU driver is updated. Here's how you can check the installed driver version: https://support.viewsonic.com/en/support/solutions/articles/33000221571-how-to-check-graphics-card-d...

If the issue persists even if the GPU driver is updated. Try disabling the GPU from Device Manager and see if After Effects still crashes. It'll help us to isolate the issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also had similar issues specifically with After Effects 2020.  I use a 2018 Mac Book Pro, pretty beefy setup.  The fans would immediately kick on, and then my screen would freeze and restart.  And then there would be residtual issues after that, even when AE 2020 hadn't been openned.  Apple support wanted me to upgrade to Catalina, but was too nervous to lose my 32-bit programs.  I dropped back down to AE 2019 and (knock on wood) haven't had issues.  I know we use different platforms, but for anyone using Mac Book Pro, i've avoided 2020.  If any Mac Book Pro users have found how to fix the random fan working hard and restarts, please respond in one of the adobe forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this thread is old but I'm currently undergoing the exact same thing. I don't have any similar issues with any other apps, except for a specific Call of Duty beta which they had already announced could cause issues, so I don't think they're related, especially at said beta was still doing the same thing regardless of graphics settings.

My issue looks like this: https://twitter.com/MightBeReign/status/1771586450699489529

Link between all 3 cases is that we all use CC2020, other than that our builds are completely different in terms of both operating system and hardware. Mine is the following:

- i7-12700kf

- 3080ti

- 32gb ram

- windows 11

- 2 140mm fans on top, 2 on the front, and 1 120mm on the back

My drivers are updated and I've tried switching between studio and gaming drivers to no visible effect, and when keeping task manager open it doesn't seem like any of the values go too out of order before everything breaks down.

I doubt the 2 other users are undergoing the same issue anymore as this thread is from almost 4 years ago but for anyone else who should have the same issue it's probably a rare CC2020-specific thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or well my issue is with previews and not just making a new composition, but they look very related

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines