Highlighted

After Effect causes computer to freeze and restart

New Here ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new computer but I'm having issues with After Effects CC 2020. When i open it and try to create a new composition my computer freezes and restarts. I found someone having a similar problem and the solution said to uninstall "Intel Turbo Max Boost Technology" but i couldn't find the program installed on my computer. Does anyone know how else I can fix this problem?

Computer Specs:

Intel Core i7-8565U @ 1.99 GHz

16GB RAM

GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Windows 10 Home

TOPICS
Crash, Freeze or hang, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effect causes computer to freeze and restart

New Here ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new computer but I'm having issues with After Effects CC 2020. When i open it and try to create a new composition my computer freezes and restarts. I found someone having a similar problem and the solution said to uninstall "Intel Turbo Max Boost Technology" but i couldn't find the program installed on my computer. Does anyone know how else I can fix this problem?

Computer Specs:

Intel Core i7-8565U @ 1.99 GHz

16GB RAM

GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Windows 10 Home

TOPICS
Crash, Freeze or hang, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 13, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any actual info from e.g. you Windows Event Viewer or the actual crash report we can't even begin to guess.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand that After Effects crashing your computer. I've seen users having a similar issue due to GPU or its driver.

Please check and make sure that your GPU driver is updated. Here's how you can check the installed driver version: https://support.viewsonic.com/en/support/solutions/articles/33000221571-how-to-check-graphics-card-d...

If the issue persists even if the GPU driver is updated. Try disabling the GPU from Device Manager and see if After Effects still crashes. It'll help us to isolate the issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0