New Here ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So to start off I have the 2018 mac mini with:

MacOs Catalina vr. 10.15.4

Processor 3.2 GHz 6-core Intel core i7

memory 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

I have it connected to an external GPU which is the blackmagic Radeon Pro 580 w/ 8 GB

I also have a 4 TB storage drive.

I have been running into some major slow down issues while using After Effects to the point that it is infureating and where I m about to just leave adobe forever becasue the optimization is just garbage. Issue one is the slow down, I am working on a render sequence from the 3D program Maya when I preview my shots AT QUARTER view it takes 30 minutes to finish. I have it set to where After Effects has most control over my RAM so out of 32 Gigs it uses 22 gigs. Now I have my After Effects projects saved where my images for the image sequences are so that way it can read the files quick which leads me to my second issue. I'll be previewing my shots or able to get a few seconds of natural playback to see how the shots look. Ok they look fine how about these shots over here " After Effects error: Cached preview needs 2 or more frames to playback". What on God's green earth does that mean? Everything is there and set why am I getting this error? I have followed all the steps to delete cache and media cache etc. but still get this same issue. Where is the optimization?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?