• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2020 will not start up

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using After Effects (17.1.4) for the first time since yesterday. Yesterday it was working fine. Now when I try to open it (either thru Creative Cloud or the dock, the icon just bounces for a bit then stops, and when I right click on the icon it shows Application Not Responding. 

I recently had went back to version 17.1.4 from 17.1.5 because I was having other After Effects start up issues and that was the only thing I could do to get AE to work. I just tried going back to version 17.1.5 and AE still not opening.

I NEED to be able to use After Effects TODAY to finish a project that's going on TV. Somebody please help.

Should I try installing After Effects 2019? I've had to do that before for certain projects that wouldn't open in AE 2020 but were created in AE 2019. I don't believe this problem is project based since the app will not open up in general.

Computer specs:

2017 iMac

3.2 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W

32 GB 2666 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro Vegas 56 8 GB

macOS Catalina 10.15.7

I do see that I have an OS update available (macOS Big Sur 11.0.1) but I'm always leary to update my OS so soon after an update is available.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flush out the caches, trash the preferences, make sure file and folder permissions aren't busted.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines