• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects CC 2017 discontinued?

Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - just spent an hour on chat with Adobe. Can anyone else confirm they no longer have access to After Effects 2017? I discovered this today when a client asked for an update to a project that had a layer of animation codec in it. Evidently, this is no longer supported as of CC 2018:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects/suggestions/34737244-restore-the-full-...

So I went to re-install CC 2017 and found that it was unavailable. After the runaround, long story short Adobe is telling me that I can't have anything earlier than After Effects 2018.

Does anyone else find this deeply troubling? What exactly are we paying for? We're all forced to now pay rent on the tools, how long til they decide we shouldn't be able to install anything other than the most current version? New versions of Adobe products are historically very problematic for me, esp Premiere and After Effects, case in point today. This is how I make a living. What do you all think? Do we all start putting an 18-month expiration date on our work to avoid liability? Or have I missed the installer link somewhere?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

You have not missed a link.

Adobe made an announcement on the matter back in May: https://theblog.adobe.com/changes-to-creative-cloud-download-availability

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not missed a link.

Adobe made an announcement on the matter back in May: https://theblog.adobe.com/changes-to-creative-cloud-download-availability

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. @Kyle_Hamrick has shared this righteously. The compatibility of the software changes with the advancements in the features. You can install only the latest version and the version before that for the Adobe soaftware from the Creative Cloud desktop application.

Let us know if you have any other question.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can check the complete list of dicontinued items for the best resultshttps://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/discontinued-products.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there -- I'm sharing your pain today. A client is working in CC 2017, does not want to upgrade, and is asking me to collaborate. Did you ever find a workaround -- ANYWHERE that offers an AE CC 2017 installer? Everything I'm seeing out there looks like an obvious scam. I'm about to turn down a huge gig because Adobe refuses to share their old toys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, can they just upgrade to 18 and keep their 17?  You can install without getting rid of your previous versions when you upgrade correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will ask. I think they've hit a hardware limitation & that's what's keeping them from upgrading to the latest CC [not ready to spend $$$ on a brand new everything]. But good idea, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines