Highlighted

After Effects playhead not working properly

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I've been having a reoccurring issue with After Effects and the playhead. When I hit the spacebar to preview my comp, the Composition Window previews the composition just fine, but the playhead doesn't move and I don't get the red current time indicator while the preview is playing. Then, when I pause playback, the blue playhead does not update, and spacebar does not work for previewing my comp until I manually click and drag the playhead around in the timeline.

Resetting After Effects temporarily fixes the problem, but the issue shows back up after working in the project for a short time.

I had this problem in 17.1.0, and it persists in 17.1.1

My specs:

Processor: Intel Core i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70 GHz

Installed RAM: 64GB

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

After Effects Version: 17.1.1

I attached a video of my screen when the problem occurs, and I will also attach a dropbox link to my After Effects project. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

AE Project: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fj0dmnezt5fzn9w/Text%2005-08.aep?dl=0

Topics

Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects playhead not working properly

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I've been having a reoccurring issue with After Effects and the playhead. When I hit the spacebar to preview my comp, the Composition Window previews the composition just fine, but the playhead doesn't move and I don't get the red current time indicator while the preview is playing. Then, when I pause playback, the blue playhead does not update, and spacebar does not work for previewing my comp until I manually click and drag the playhead around in the timeline.

Resetting After Effects temporarily fixes the problem, but the issue shows back up after working in the project for a short time.

I had this problem in 17.1.0, and it persists in 17.1.1

My specs:

Processor: Intel Core i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70 GHz

Installed RAM: 64GB

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

After Effects Version: 17.1.1

I attached a video of my screen when the problem occurs, and I will also attach a dropbox link to my After Effects project. Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

AE Project: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fj0dmnezt5fzn9w/Text%2005-08.aep?dl=0

Topics

Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
imcaleb LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved my own problem - reinstalling After Effects fixed everything.

Edit - Problem persists, but only after opening this After Effects file again. Anecdotely, it seems to be a problem with this file. Not sure how to fix.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines