• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AfterEffects Preview

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if this has been hashed out before - but when I Preview, I only see a small, useless portion.

AEpreview.jpg

Edited:

Okay, so . . use hand tool to move it over? No way to get it to self-position in center?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long and short: You are suffering a misconfiguration of hardware accelerated drawing. Disable it. And also again: Your screen appears too crammed, so chances are you may not meet the system requirements for screen resolution in the first place. which throws off calculations for positioning the hardware overlay. If you use any form of extended/ virtual desktops and/ or have lowered the screen resolution below the native display size for accessibility reasons or whatever this will need to be checked and rectified, too.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, thanks Mylenium for responding. I used AfterEffects, some years ago to a limited extend but, as I get back into it, find this ol' guy's memory a bit lacking.

"screen appears too crammed": if you're judging that solely on the image I posted, note that was only a partial screen grab showing the "preview" being displayed off to the side of the composition panel. Also, for what it's worth, I see "display acceleration disabled" top right of comp. panel.

"hardware accelerated drawing": not sure what you pointing too there - don't see word "drawing" in any preference and disabling any found hardward acceleration made no difference.

Also, in "Video Preview" preference, if I select "Enable Mercury Transmit" and select only my second monitor, I still get a portion of the preview, along with the comp., showing in comp. panel, while second monitor shows full screen preview. Both the iMac and second monitor are at full res.

AE_3.jpgAE_2.jpg

(from tutorial proj., but same occurs with personal proj)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. Any progress on a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not as yet. Haven’t pursued it further since my last entry but will soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking at some other posts with similar issues I was having. It
seems there's some hardware conflicts or something that nobody could
solve. It works on my MacBook Pro, but the work area is so small...anyway,
please share if you find out anything useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hardware conflicts? I suppose it could have something to do with older iMac video card - not sure what - but I lean toward app. problem. I've tried numerous settings and still no solution. And Apple and Adobe getting together to have look is an impossible dream.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for your patience. Adobe After Effects has released a patch update which provide a fix for the duplicate preview issues. For more information, please check https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/fixed-issues.html

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So noted - appears issue solved.

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines