• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alpha mode on Saber plugin not working with auto-traced mask

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to After Effects, so it's difficult for me to tell what the relevant information is here.  I'm also not sure what all is plugin-specific, so please bear with me.

I'm using the "Saber" plugin from video copilot on a mask that was autotraced from a PNG.  It is correctly applying the "saber" shape around the mask, however, when I try to use the "Alpha mode" setting, which lets the mask actually mask the generated effects, it doesn't do anything.  I'm not sure if having these layers in 3D is part of the problem, since I've gotten this working fine when using 2D layers only (and a normal circle mask).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

I think I've solved this!  When I auto-traced and copied over my mask, the mode for the mask was set to "None".  I changed this to "Add" and the settings started working as expected!

Here's a screenshot of what that looks like, in case others run into this:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I've solved this!  When I auto-traced and copied over my mask, the mode for the mask was set to "None".  I changed this to "Add" and the settings started working as expected!

Here's a screenshot of what that looks like, in case others run into this:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines