Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black composition screen

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm a newbie to After Effects, so that I may be overlooking an important step. But my composition window stays black. For instance, in this screenshot, I created a new composition. Added a new color layer of white. So the composition window should be white. And it happens in any composition. I've tried to follow troubleshooting, cleared my disk cache, and rebooted, and it still is black!

Does anybody have any suggestions on what it could be?

Thanks!

Jamie

composition black issuecomposition black issue

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Project Settings. Check the solid layer settings (layer menu). Fit the comp panel to the comp viewer using Shift + /. Try adding a shape layer or a text layer. 

If none of these things work, open the Learn Workspace and see if you can see anything when you start the first lesson. If you can't then there is something wrong with your GPU drivers and or settings or you don't have the latest build for your version of AE installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, it started after updating my NVidia drivers to the latest version, as After Effects recommended doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mostly looks like a GPU issue, try to update your GPU driver to the latest one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines