• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't open old version files after latest update

New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to the latest version and i can't open old after effects files, it crashes evey time i try.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not provided even some basic system info, much less any details about the projects or crash info. We simply can't know.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to import the project .ae from Import file... menu and then save it the new version as a container of old version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should roll back to the previous version regardless and save yourself the headache of trouble shooting.  There's a problem with the latest release that seems (in my opinion) to be related to dynamic link that prevents accessing files in Media Encoder and I've seen reports of the same problem with Premier.  

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's what iv'e done, was hoping to get a new answer by now.

I have tried the new version on a few different computers with different specs in my working place and back at home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines