• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot connect beam starting/end piont to shape layer positions?

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot connect the beam effect starting/endpoint to shape layer positions. The starting/endpoint go to the middle-right-top of the solid layer. I want them to connect to the anchor points of the two shape layers. The shape layers are parented to other shapes and I don't want to take away those parent links. I just need the leash to connect to the hand and the collar layer. The beam solid is the one that is selected.  below. Another vector is already in the place the beam effect should be. 

Annotation 2020-01-21 132626.jpg

Is there some way to fix this using the beam effect or is there an alternative to get a leash?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

What expression did you use to link? Just the pick-whip?

Try something like

var myShapeLayer = PICK-WHIP-THE-LAYER-HERE;
myShapeLayer.toComp(myShapeLayer.transform.anchorPoint)

Insert this code as expression, then select the PICK-WHIP-THE-LAYER-HERE part and replace it using the expressions pick-whip with the code you get from pick-whiping the layer (not the position of the layer, just drag the pick-whip on the layer name)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What expression did you use to link? Just the pick-whip?

Try something like

var myShapeLayer = PICK-WHIP-THE-LAYER-HERE;
myShapeLayer.toComp(myShapeLayer.transform.anchorPoint)

Insert this code as expression, then select the PICK-WHIP-THE-LAYER-HERE part and replace it using the expressions pick-whip with the code you get from pick-whiping the layer (not the position of the layer, just drag the pick-whip on the layer name)

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot. That works really well within the beam effect layer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines