• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Caustic/Gobo layer problem in after effects

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm animating an underwater shot set in a 3D environment for a short film I'm making (2D paper elements).

I'm using this video tutorial to simulate the shadow and motion of ripples on the surface being cast on the river floor.

I have added some simple fog layers (masks created from solids with feathered edges and lowered opacity) in between my 3d ground layers and the fractal noise caustic layer is casting its shadow on these fog layers as well as the ground layers. My question is how can I use this fractal noise effect on the ground layers while not effecting the fog layers. I feel like I'm missing something simple but I still can't solve it. Plus I'm having trouble figuring out how to phrase this problem in a simple and concise way for the internet.

Any advice or if you can point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Standard AE answer: In case of doubt, pre-compose (to isolate individual steps). Other than that you may want to play around with the shading settings of the 3D layers and turn off their response to light or tweak the material settings in such a way that the effects don't show up.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, will give it a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines