Highlighted

Character offset specific letters

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys

a liitle help here. I am using character offset to animate my text. However, i would like the offset to be limited to only a range of 5 characters For example A B C D and E  instead of the full unicode. Any help will be greatly appreciated 

Topics

Expressions, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Character offset specific letters

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys

a liitle help here. I am using character offset to animate my text. However, i would like the offset to be limited to only a range of 5 characters For example A B C D and E  instead of the full unicode. Any help will be greatly appreciated 

Topics

Expressions, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would have to use a source code expression to do that rather than an animator. There's an example of that out there, I just can't seem to find it right now. Perhaps a web search based on "animate predefined characters array" or similar will turn it up.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank you friend

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Character Range option allows you to do this - select the Preserve Case & Digits option from the menu.

Roland_Kahlenberg_0-1596451558734.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello yes but this option will show all letters from A to z instead of just A to E

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should work. Provide a screen cap of your Timeline - allow us to see the 'inside' of your Text Layer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realized my mistake. I needed yo set the range too. Thank you sir. One thing though. What if instead from A-E I’d have needed random letters instead, lets say AZJLM? Is there any way to do that?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add a Wiggly Selector. Mess about with the Min and Max Amount properties. But if it's only 5 changes then you will have more control using the Source Text property to change your text characters. HTH

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines