Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cinema 4D lite not opening in after effects 2020

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I'm using after effects 2020. I tried to open Cinema 4d lite from New menu for the first time. But it asks me to register. When I quit registration dialogue box, nothing is there. 

I hope cinema 4d lite comes with after effects for free. 

Could anyone please help me out 

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , FAQ , How to , Import and export , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. If anyone has found a fix I'd appreciate it as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You need a Maxon ID to launch C4D Lite. You get access to the link to obtain one. You also choose NO on the first launch window.

http://my.maxon.net/

maxonID.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does not solve the issue with me either.  I am able to work with C4D in the older version AE 2019, but like the others above not in AE 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, what works for me is to go to applications to find Cinema 4d, and in the folder there are Cinema 4d and Cinema 4D lite. I launch the lite one and now the problem is solved. 

What happened was my AE is launching the full version of Cinema 4D instead of the lite one.  I needed a Maxon account and log in first. 

Hope it helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines