Highlighted

combining two separate timelines

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there all you experts out there. I am an amateur AE user, becoming intermediate hopefully soon!

I have a question and wonder if anyone can help. I have to join two separtate videos and can’t, for the life of me, figure out how to combine them. I need be able to bring one video working timline – with all it’s active layers – into another project so I can combine them. I have found how to bring in a project but it is all compressed.

• How do bring the other timeline in, having all the editable qualities of its layers, so I can edit both projects into one space?

Probably a rudimentary question, i know but AE isn’t as intuitive as InDesign is to me.

Can anyone help? any tips greatly appreciated!!

Brent

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

combining two separate timelines

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there all you experts out there. I am an amateur AE user, becoming intermediate hopefully soon!

I have a question and wonder if anyone can help. I have to join two separtate videos and can’t, for the life of me, figure out how to combine them. I need be able to bring one video working timline – with all it’s active layers – into another project so I can combine them. I have found how to bring in a project but it is all compressed.

• How do bring the other timeline in, having all the editable qualities of its layers, so I can edit both projects into one space?

Probably a rudimentary question, i know but AE isn’t as intuitive as InDesign is to me.

Can anyone help? any tips greatly appreciated!!

Brent

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 24, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if you've figured out how to import one project into another, you already have all the ingredients. Just add the individual compositions as layers to a parent/ master comp. It's called nesting/ pre-composing and sufficiently explained in teh online help as well as a million tutorials out there. It's a fundamental workflow and essential technique in AE. If you really need all editable elements on a single timeline, you can also always still copy & paste content. Either way, I would strongly advise you to read the help. Most of what I said is explained there. It's pretty clear that you skipped over this step to your own detriment. AE is not a program you could understand intuitively - just lik the finer points of ID cannot be learned from just doing basic layout work. So with all respect, head over there and take half an hour of your time to read the relevant chapters.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh man, thank you SO much man!! Very helpful of you. I will take your tips and your advice to read up on it. Thanks for taking the time to reply. Cheers my friend!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0