• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting horizontal text to vertical

Contributor ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Is there a way to convert horizontal text into vertical text with a single click in AE 2020?

I understand I can use the Vertical Type tool to type it directly as vertical.

What I'm doing right now is opening the text layer > creating a simple vertical line as a path > and then under Path Options, setting Path to that Mask while setting 'Perpendicular to Path' Off > finally I use the Character Panel and adjust the VA spacing to space text along the vertical line. 

That's all workable, but I may be doing this for a bunch of text, so wanted to see if there was a better / quicker way. 

I found stuff on the internet saying to just select text layer then use a text tool and right click in composition and click vertical instead of horizontal, but I'm not seeing that window or option anywhere on AE 2020.  Thanks for any help. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Path text is just that and the automated conversion functions become unavailable. It's really just your quirky workflow that complicates matters here. Feel free to apply a rotation text animator to rotatet the letters sideways.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines