• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not create Outlines: AE

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I import illustrator files exactly like this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPha_s7W-0M

But I neet to make vector changes in the animation, when I try coverting to shape layers, the error "Could not create Outlines" happens. Could someone help me please?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info about your artwork we can't tell you anything. Quite likely you simply used a feature/ function that created a complex appearance that cannot be re-created in AE as an editable shape layer, anyway. Show us at least a screenshot of the graphic and the unfolded layers palette in AI.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

It's been a year since this question was asked, but I find a lot of old Q&A on community platforms still very helpfull, hence my reply. In the future this just might save somebody's day

I was struggling with this, just couldn't figure it out, until I realized:

I had TRANSPARENCY  in one of my illustrator shapes, once I'd put the Opacity for all shapes to 100%, problem was solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have any raster effects or brushes, or gradients applied to your AI objects they will not cleanly convert to shape layers. You'll get a gray mess. My guess is that you have improperly prepared the AI file for importing as a Comp and converting vector layers to shapes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines