• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop Comp to Region of Interest Problem

New Here ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm rigging a character up and trying to crop in on one of the limbs. I've selected the region of interest. The composition box is selected. When I go to Composition drop down "Crop Comp to Region of Interest" is not available. It is grayed out. Not sure what I'm doing wrong? Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

I wonder if this would be helpful?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me make sure I understand; you're trying to change the size of your composition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us your Ae interface to try to see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This command only works when you use the region of interest in a comp or a precomp. If you use the region of interest in a layer inside the layer or footage panel, the Crop Comp to Region of Interest will not be available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you elaborate that plz. im trying to crop a single footage but thats unavailable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of this thread makes a scrap of sense to me. For years this feature has either worked, or perversley hasn't.
I import a clip. Click on Region of Interest next to the Transparancy Grid. Got to the Rectangle tool amd creatre a cropped area. Then, going up to Composition I am ready to click on Select Crop to Region of Interest but the dammed thing is greyed out. As Americans seem fond of saying, 'Gotcha!'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I apologise for my comment above. Having only seen tutorials on Yotube with incorrect instruction to use the  Rectangle Tool to create a crop - rather than simply employing one's mouse to shape a crop - I had the wrong end of the stick. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

double click that image and use the  "Crop Comp to Region of Interest"  in the nested comp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if this would be helpful?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines