Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Diagonal Scrolling in AE

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I am currently trying to animate this logo I built in Illustrator to scroll like a film reel, however I am very new to After Effects and only know how to move it from left to right. Is there a way to make the film border layer scroll diagonally along the center of the logo inside that clipping mask? I am also wondering if there's a way to make the prairie field image in the centre shake slightly like it's moving with the reel. Any help would be much appreciated! Image attached for reference.

Thanks a bunch!

michaelc46977942_0-1603318804118.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can simply turn on the stopwatch for layer position or press Alt/Option + p, then position the layer where you want it to start by selecting it with the Selection tool (v) and moving it to the starting position. Then you move the CTI (current time indicator) to the point in time where you want the movement to end and drag the layer to the new position. This will create movement along a straight path. 

If you are having problems with something this basic please open up the Learn workspace in After Effects or click on the Learn link in the Home screen and spend about 20 minutes learning how the UI and the basic tools work. Then spend some serious time with the User Guide. You can always find a link on this forum, on the Adobe Product Page, or by searching for help using the Search Help field in the top right corner of After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your response, Rick! I was able to figure everything out, discovered the beauty of Alpha Mattes and found some helpful tutorials. All in all I think it turned out alright for a beginner having no idea what she's doing haha. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines