• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Directional blur controlled by null?

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Is there a directional blur that can be controlled with a null? E.g. I have a background plate and a null tracked from the camera motions of the plate. I then have a cel animated layer to which I would like to "copy" the same amount and direction of blur from the bg plate.

If the elements were 3d it would be easy to render a motion vector pass and use e.g. RSMB, but how would something similar be done in this case?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, determining the direction only requires a simple "targeting expression" with Math.atan2() applied to the respective parameter in Directional Blur. A simple web search can turn up enough ecxamples or even just browsing this forum. I answered a similar question only a few days ago. Determining the amount would be more tricky, as there is no causal relation and in fact it may look rather jittery, so I'd simply animate it by hand. Otherwise it would be quite some complex math determining the difference of the resulting velocity vector between two sample points at different times using valueAtTime() similar how you align items to paths by looking ahead or looking back on their trail.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines