• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Echo Effect is Reversed

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm following a tutorial to create a text write-on effect using a shape moving along a path. The echo is placed on the shape and is supposed to leave echos behind as the shape moves along the path. However, my echos are already laid out at the start of the timeline and disappear as the shape moves along the path. I'm following all of the steps in the tutorial, but I'm getting the reverse effect. Any clue what's going wrong?

Here's the tutorial for clarification.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF2hina60-I&list=PLH0nUvRlEBZ_JDvc-IWbRQRlixtVB3f_X&index=8&t=12s

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try setting echo time to a negative number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is a perfect example of a tutorial prepared by an enthusiast that poorly explains a very inefficient workflow for creating a write-on effect. I would give it a D. The reason you are having problems with the Echo parameters is that the explanation was not only inaccurate and misleading, but it left out critical information. Just changing the time offset to a negative number will change the direction of the echo from in front of the movement to behind it. You need to vet the folks presenting tutorials. This one is pretty awful.

There are a lot more efficient ways to more accurately animate a write-on effect using the trim paths animator on a shape layer and a couple of masks with animated opacity. If you insist on trying the echo effect then the way to accurately see through the track matte is to change the blend mode to set to Overlay or Screen.

Here's a recent thread with the workflow I would recommend: Issue with write-on animation effect Ae

I have done a fair number of these animations and both the workflow and rendering are going to take you a lot less time and be a lot more accurate using the techniques I outlined in the thread from April 23.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines