Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glimmer/Glow Effect on Object

Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

I would like to know if someone can PLEASE explain to me how to achieve this really nice "glimmer/shimmer" or "glow" effect that I saw used on the logo for Olay at the very end of a commercial.  Here is the link to the commercial: Olay TV Commercial, 'What Matters Most' - iSpot.tv

I have also seen this effect used on the logo for the Delta Faucet commercial, here is a link to the commercial where you can clearly see the effect: The Perfect Touch (:30) - YouTube

If you look very closely at the end of the commercial, you'll see a soft shimmer type of effect that slowly moves along the letters of the Olay logo.  The effect extends beyond the letters and is not restricted to the shape of the letters, as would be the case with the Light Sweep effect.  It also makes areas of the letters glow.

I have not seen this particular effect used anywhere else, I have searched YouTube, Google, etc.  I am aware of the more common ways to create a sparkle or glint in After Effects (light sweep, etc.) but if there is someone out there who knows how to closely re-create the particular effect seen in the commercial, I would be so thankful and grateful! Blessings!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Broadly speaking:

Duplicate your text or logo layer.

Top layer - set to screen or add blending mode
Light sweep using Light Reception = Cutout

Add some blur effect

Bottom layer

Your base text or logo layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Broadly speaking:

Duplicate your text or logo layer.

Top layer - set to screen or add blending mode
Light sweep using Light Reception = Cutout

Add some blur effect

Bottom layer

Your base text or logo layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mike,

Thank you for that super fast reply! Okay great I will follow your instructions! Many thanks to you I appreciate you! Happy Holidays

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines