Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU Rendering AMD Firepro

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

i use AE (current) on W10 with AMD FirePro W2100 (drivers current).

3D engine in use is Cin4D.

Problem: 3D-Preview is very (veeeeeeeeeryyyyyyyy) slow.

when i go to Prefernces.....GPU information, i get only a short dialog. i cannot configure CPU or GPU there.

i found this raytracer-supported-cards-file and added "AMD FirePro W2100" as deteced with gpusinffer.

Problem: the dialog stays "short".

second thing is, that the txt-file is outdated and not really used anymore and Cin4D renderer does not use ist.

What's correct there?

Any idea what else can be done to make preview fast?

uli

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

3D previews are slow when using the C4D rendering engine. You can open up the Options in the Composition settings and crank the quality down to 1 while you are editing the comp, then crank them back up for rendering. 

Screenshot_2020-07-12 11.36.52_xN07vc.png

I usually have mine set to 1 when I'm working on a comp. I get an average ram preview render time in an HD comp at full quality of about two or three frames per second. With the quality cranked up to about 20, which is plenty good for most projects the render time goes up to less

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

3D previews are slow when using the C4D rendering engine. You can open up the Options in the Composition settings and crank the quality down to 1 while you are editing the comp, then crank them back up for rendering. 

Screenshot_2020-07-12 11.36.52_xN07vc.png

I usually have mine set to 1 when I'm working on a comp. I get an average ram preview render time in an HD comp at full quality of about two or three frames per second. With the quality cranked up to about 20, which is plenty good for most projects the render time goes up to less than 1 frame per second. Crank it up to 60  or 70 and things really start to slow down. If I set the comp panel Fast Previews to Fast Draft and you can still see the motion and lighting and the rendering rate for ram previews jumps up to 12 to 15 frames per second for a standard HD comp. If I were to use the C4D rendering engine for the comps that's how I would do my "pencil tests" to check composition, timing, and basic effects, then I would switch the quality back to somewhere between 15 and 30 for rendering. I use Cineware a lot, but I don't use C4D rendering in Ae because the options for bending layers and extruding are pretty terrible and I lose the ability to apply effects, use blend modes, and all the other things listed in the warning and I need all the tools to do my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines