• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! After Effects error: strange situation

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm really confused and getting quite annoyed right now. I'm currently working on a project for which I have linked some video files from Premiere to an After Effects composition. Without changing anything in my folders Premiere now tells me that a big part of my After Effects compositions are offline. When I go to After Effects and open the Project all the compositions are still there but After Effects keeps telling me: After Effects error: strange situation (0/1026621440)

Because of this window that keeps popping up I cant edit or click anything on After effects and have to close it with the Task Manager... 

Can anybody solve this problem? Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any actual technical details we can't even begin to guess. You haven't even provided basic system information, much less details about the contents of the projects, sequence settings, source footage types and whatnot. As a general rule start by flushing the caches in both programs, check your hardware acceleration settings, trash the preferences and possibly reinstall both programs to repair broken down CoDecs or things like borked audio configuration.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I deleted the Media cache Files and reinstalled both programms but the error is still showing. What can I do by checking my Hardware acceleration? Are there any other steps i could take that come to your mind or any further information which would be helpful?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While I can't provide you with help about the specific problem, the error message "After Effects error: strange situation" is an example of poor coding practices by the Adobe team and demonstrates a lack of care in piping helpful messages through stack trace during exceptions up to the UI. I would recommend any software engineers at Adobe who are on the team focused on AE to develop more informative exception messages so end users and the developers themselves can have a better understanding of bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines