Highlighted

Home button

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to CC 2019 and After Effects has been affected by the home button like almost every other program. I was able to remove it from Photoshop, but is there a way to remove it from After Effects? It's right where I'm used to clicking for the select tool and I hit it instead every time. It just needs to go away.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Home button

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to CC 2019 and After Effects has been affected by the home button like almost every other program. I was able to remove it from Photoshop, but is there a way to remove it from After Effects? It's right where I'm used to clicking for the select tool and I hit it instead every time. It just needs to go away.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 16, 2018 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should really try to get in the habit of using the keyboard shortcuts to navigate the toolbar. Over the course of the year it will probably save you a couple of days. The selection tool is the V.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree but when you are using the text tool there is no way that I know of to switch to the selector.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can select other tools when you're using the text tool. You just have to use the Command/Control button. I found this page that could help.

After Effects keyboard shortcuts reference

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2018 0
Advisor ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with both of you : )

1. Use V.

2. What a stupid thing to add to the toolbar...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 11
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike_Abbott  wrote

What a stupid thing to add to the toolbar...

Just wait...

AE2020-menus.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2018 13
Advisor ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shall be having nightmares tonight....

...although, maybe the drink and burger button might be OK : )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just missing emojis icons on it. lol But if the drink and burger button is the first one then I don't have any problem with it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2018 0
Advisor ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually Dave - thinking about this, you've got the priorities all wrong. By the time we get to CC 2020 the selection tool will be just to the right of the cat...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The automatic cat video tool (powered by Sensei™) is amazing. Don't even need to own a cat

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2018 1
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. In Photoshop, you can turn it off. In Illustrator, it's in an innocuous place. It's only in After Effects that I have a real issue with it. I usually do keyboard shortcuts when I can, but in AE, it's a key combination (Command + key) instead of just the key itself, like in Photoshop, unless they've changed it on me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 1
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for mentioning this! I have been frustrated all day clicking in the wrong place for the selector tool.

What a terrible freaking idea to place that there when it serves very little purpose.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same HERE!!! So annoying. This have been a really huge deal for me trying to get stuff done.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2018 3
Advisor ,
Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2018 4
Jean5E07 LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too ......

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0