• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export prores 444 xq from after effects

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We still can't export in prores 444 xq flavor from after effects. There used to be a workaround by copying the prores components into the quicktime libraries, but it doesn't work for us anymore. Does anyone know how to get Prores 444xq to work in after effects and premiere? thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't. ProRes XQ is an exclusive Apple thing and unless Adobe reverse-engineer it to be natively supported via third-party libraries, it's simply not available.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium,

not sure they have to reverse engineer the codec, or just license it 🙂

Since there was always a working solution to simply copy the codecs library into the QT library folder and have the codec available in after effects and premiere, i don't think any reverse engineering is necessary :-). The last update broke the workaround, so it feels more like there is no interest to include the codec or like i said it is a licensing issue. But really don't understand the politics behind it, since it is the highest fidelity proves flavor and seems to be a smart way to go and include for lossless compositing. We have been asking about this for the last 5 years and funny enough never received any answer or explanation why the codec is missing from both video applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be a licensing issue ($$$). Since Adobe uses their own codec implementation (all the legacy codecs are gone) since the last update, it would be great to have a "workaround". Export uncompressed file sequences and use an external encoder is not an option...

Adobe, what about some native support?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a bummer!

Adobe just crippled my workflow. Copying FCP X included Prores codecs into Quicktime folder (yes, I'm in Mac) does not work anymore!!!

What will I tell my clients when I need to import/export Prores XQ?

Not very customer friendly breaking working tools (and installing tons of mysterious processes in my computer) without any prior warning or permission. Please, bring all Prores flavours back!

"Not a happy customer".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, just a quick update to add to the confusion of what Adobe is up to regarding Prores 444 XQ. We just update to AfterEffects 2020 and were pleased to see that Prores 444 XQ is finally an export option on our winodows machine. Thanks Adobe. But upon switching to my Macbook pro and wanting to export my comps with teh same 2020 version on OSX, i was dissapointed to see that the Mac version has still no Prores 444 XQ export option 😞

Why oh why can't we finally also export 444 XQ on the Mac side?????

Please let us finally use it on both platforms 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines