• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use system.callSystem in extendscript?

Contributor ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to undertand if/how I can open an external program from After Effects by using extendscript to send a command through the cmd line (system.callSystem), but can't work it out...

For example, to open a version of Premiere Pro from command line I can use the direct path:

cd C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019\ && "Adobe Premiere Pro.exe"

But when I try that in extendscript via system.callSystem() it doesn't work:

system.callSystem("cmd.exe /c \"cd C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019\ && "Adobe Premiere Pro.exe"\"");

How do I pass paths and commands to cmd correctly?

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

example of running python from extendscript: 

var f = File('C:/Users/mr big/Dropbox/code/python/after effects extend script/mostly black/1.py');
f.execute();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's helpful to know thanks. But if you were going to tell command prompt to open another application for example VLC... would you do it directly from extendscript? Or would you create a py file then execute that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines