Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am having trouble with morphing two complex shapes

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I try to morph two somewhat complicated shapes from illustrator together, they do this weird flip while morphing. I am not sure how to fix this. Any help would be much appreciated!

I will leave the files here since the process would be quite difficult to explain otherwise.  

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

I'm off like that is going to be a lot easier if you do it all in illustrator using blends. I've been using this technique for years.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Z6nOkCo46Xg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you create a path, you will always have a First vertex (marked as a big path point). When morphing, the place for the first vertex points of your multiples paths should be over the same area. Even it is possible that you need to create intermediate point on your masks to drive the animation smoothly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked and it seems like the first vertex points are in the same area. How should I go about creating intermediate points? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Between your main keyframes, add new keyframes with some new points to the path to drive your animation in a smooth way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm off like that is going to be a lot easier if you do it all in illustrator using blends. I've been using this technique for years.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Z6nOkCo46Xg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting this right now. Thank you for the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! It took a while but I got it to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Everyone. Can't we all admit that AE's morph tools are really horrible. The fact that the correct answer to this problem requires an uneditable hack using Illustrator is a major problem. I've been teaching AE for over a decade and the lack of good morph tools in AE usually means I tell my students to avoid it altogether!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines