• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing AI file to AE lights turn black

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import an AI file with multiple layers, the layers that are lights in the composition turn black. 

A walkthrough of what I am doing: I am downloading an EPS file, opening it in AI, using "release to layers (sequence)" so I can have each object in it's own layer saving as an AI file with the options shown below.

Then I move on to AE, import file> specific setting in the screenshot below. 

What would be the solution for this? If I import the AI file with separatingthe object into inidividual layers it works...

William5F92_0-1602868300742.png

William5F92_1-1602868412470.png

Original file: 

William5F92_2-1602868434652.png

File in AE: 

William5F92_3-1602868510767.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Your cropped screenshots are not showing us anything at all about the AI file or the Comp. I suspect that some kind of blend mode is being applied in AI that isn't following through in AE when you import as a composition. If we knew exactly how you created the blend in AI and could see the blend mode in AE we could help. If it were my project I would just apply a very simple white to white opacity 50 to opacity 0 gradient to the shape of the light beam. That should work just fine. Blend modes se

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your cropped screenshots are not showing us anything at all about the AI file or the Comp. I suspect that some kind of blend mode is being applied in AI that isn't following through in AE when you import as a composition. If we knew exactly how you created the blend in AI and could see the blend mode in AE we could help. If it were my project I would just apply a very simple white to white opacity 50 to opacity 0 gradient to the shape of the light beam. That should work just fine. Blend modes set in AI do not come over to After Effects so you'll have to set the blend mode manually. Carefully take a look at these screenshots.

Screenshot_2020-10-16 13.36.51_zBgK7t.pngScreenshot_2020-10-16 13.36.25_fD0fBm.pngScreenshot_2020-10-16 13.34.22_MEz2Pb.png

See what a difference the blend mode makes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for the reply. I was not aware that blend modes didn't go into AE. Unfortunately I wasn't the one who created the AI asset, so I'm not sure how the blend was created. I decided to erase all layers containing blends and I will follow your suggestion of the 50 to 0 opacity. 

Once again, thank you very much for the help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines