• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Transition packs to AE 2020

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you do it? I can not find any instructions anywhere. I am on a tight schedule and need to install some transitions for a project yet I can't figure out how? Please give me a hand here, am new to AE.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely unclear since you haven't even mentioned what those "transition packs" are even supposed to be nor offered up any system information. You need to be much more specific and give us at least soemthing to work with.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are on a deadline and you need a bunch of transitions and you are editing in After Effects and that is a bad idea. After Effects is not a video editing app.

You should be using transition packs in Premiere Pro and doing your editing there. The only thing that should be in an AE comp is a shot or an animation, or a visual effect, or a motion graphic that you cannot create in an NLE like Premiere Pro. More than 90% of my comps are one shot under seven seconds, most of my films are 30 minutes or longer with hundreds of shots and most of the time a half dozen effects shots every couple of minutes. I never edit a movie in AE. It's a complete waste of my time.

If you are stuck with AE, transition packs are probably animation presets or scripts. You'll just have to follow the installation instructions. Animation presets work on one layer, scripts can work on multiple layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines