Highlighted

Maximum Disk Cache Size?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I just bought a NVMe SSD 1TB for storing cache/scratch files. And seeing as I use a variety of adobe programs, what do you guys reckon I should be setting my maximum disk cache size to?

Thanks,

James

TOPICS
Error or problem, FAQ, How to, Import and export, Performance, Resources, Scripting, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Maximum Disk Cache Size?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I just bought a NVMe SSD 1TB for storing cache/scratch files. And seeing as I use a variety of adobe programs, what do you guys reckon I should be setting my maximum disk cache size to?

Thanks,

James

TOPICS
Error or problem, FAQ, How to, Import and export, Performance, Resources, Scripting, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By default, AE uses 10% from your SSD as a cache space, so if you want to use it as a scratch disk also where you will save your project and footages I think 10% is a good space. anyway checks this to get understand more about Disk cache https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/memory-storage1.html 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I have a seperate SSD for footage and project files.

Which is why I was asking, if I could essentially crank it to like 900GB? Since this 1TB drive is dedicated to media cache and scratch files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0
Guide ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there is no limit, crank it up as much as you like.

I have 256GB SSD (232GB usable after formating), and 230GB for AE cache.

It will get full sooner or later, no matter how much space you allocate to AE.

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0