• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder Cache?

New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to render something out of After Effects with Media Encoder, it works just fine. However if I go back into After Effects and make some adjustments, such as reloading some updated footage for example, when I render again using media encoder, it will render out the first comp I rendered before, and not the updated one. The only way I have found to get around this is to quite media encoder after each render and then reopen it again to sort of clear its cache and make it recheck the AE file again. Is this something other people are having issues with? Is there a way to force clear the media encoder cache? Does it even have one? I assumed it would just read the .ae file in realtime and be aware of any changes.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It works as it is supposed to. The linkage is file based and creates temporary duplicate files for safety. Of course those won't update unless you reload the AME render queue or quit the app.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines