Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OpenGL "TDR Detected" Error

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.
I've been getting a TDR error for a while. Therefore I cannot preview and render.
My project is very simple. I use "Element 3D" as a plug-in in the project.
Project 3840x2160 / 30fps.
What can I do about it?

Graphic Card: 2x Quadro P6000
Graphic Card Driver: 452.57 (ODE)
Processor: 2x Intel Xeon Gold 6146 @ 3.20GHz
RAM: 384GB
Adobe After Effects Version: 2020 (17.5.0 Build40)

TDR.jpg

Thank you.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , How to , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OpenGL does not make use of multiple graphics cards, at least the way it's handled in Element 3D, hence the simple answer likely is that you need to disable one of the cards for the E3D stuff to work correctly.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer. However, I have been using this hardware and the E3D plugin for 2 years. I have never had such a problem before. Therefore, I am very confused. and trying to find a solution. The last time I did was update the video card driver. But I tried it on old drivers, but it didn't fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally;

I tried this project on a PC with a single graphics card and a MacBook Pro. I had the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, then perhaps there's something very specific going on that meses up things. Consider downgrading your graphics driver to an older version and if you have recently messed around with settings for extended desktops, multiple screens or color management this may be worth investigating, to. Also, just in case, look for tools like screen recording software or instant messengers that may interfere in display functions.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines