• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

preserve underlying transparency s not working with effects

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to lay a Effect over an Object that has underlying transparency. When i put the effect on the Object it disappears.. why? Thanks for help

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Apply the effect on a layer other than the one you are applying Track Mate to. You could animate the layer first, then duplicate it and remove the Track Mate and apply the effect to it. If necessary, you add a mask in the shape of the graphic that is static.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your video capture is of very poor quality that I can't see the icons or read the names of your effects, do the video capture at least in 720p. I think the reason is because you are applying a Track Mate and then you add the effect to the same layer, try to apply the effect on another layer because that one already has a previous transparency. That can hardly be appreciated but I'm not sure because your capture is of very poor quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would thi work better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apply the effect on a layer other than the one you are applying Track Mate to. You could animate the layer first, then duplicate it and remove the Track Mate and apply the effect to it. If necessary, you add a mask in the shape of the graphic that is static.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Effect im using is the Wave Wrap effect, im German so everything is written in german 😞 im Sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem is rendering order. You can apply Wave Warp to the Pink Rectangle and then add Set  Matte and choose the bottom layer as the source. 

Screenshot_2020-07-09 07.28.04_5xmzjF.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines